Lawmakers are returning to the Capitol on Saturday in the hopes of finding a deal to end the partial government shutdown that began at midnight, but major differences remain over funding for President Trump‘s border wall.
The Senate and House are scheduled to convene at noon Saturday, but votes on a deal to reopen federal agencies next week may not happen until Sunday or later, guaranteeing that large swaths of the federal government will remain closed for at least a day.
White House officials and congressional leaders are expected to negotiate throughout the day Saturday after failing to reach a deal Friday night. Both chambers adjourned and lawmakers left the Capitol hours before the midnight deadline to avert a funding lapse.
House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) told colleagues Friday evening that he would give them “ample” time to review an announced deal before holding a vote. Majority Whip Steve Scalise’s (R-La.) office also told members they would get 24-hours notice before a vote.
The shutdown, which technically began at 12:01 a.m. Saturday, affects about 25 percent of the federal government, including the departments of Agriculture, Commerce, Homeland Security, Housing and Urban Development, Justice, State, Transportation and Treasury, among others.
An estimated 380,000 federal employees will be furloughed during the shutdown while an estimated 420,000 employees will be required to work without pay, including Transportation Security Administration (TSA) officials who are essential to keeping airports operating during the busy holiday travel season.
- Selling into the Federal market -Why?
- Aligning and managing expectations with corporate revenue goals
- Traversing the Federal Speak
- Federal Sales basics
- Closing business in the Federal market vertical
- Providing specific resources all in one place so you don’t have to search for them all over the internet
- Marketing to the Federal customer and major system integrators
- and much much more rich content
I will have guest writers, quotes from visionaries, analysis of success stories, stories on pitfalls and obstacles, and additional information to assist you in building your Federal vertical. As we proceed, I will continually add more content as the Federal market changes to ensure you obtain the latest information and how it could effect your business revenue and strategies. I welcome and encourage anyone who can add value to this discussion to email me. This is an open forum for success.
Again, thank you and I truly hope this series will help everyone to better understand how the Federal Government can add great business value to your corporate goals and strategies.
Sanctum Federal is a Federal sales consulting firm. Sanctum Federal specializes in expanding cyber security company’s products and services into the Federal market. Our services include using:
This methodology quickly generates short-term revenue while establishing long-term revenue planning
Methodology includes developing and executing:
- Federal Addressable Market – Where to concentrate my attention on Federal market
- Federal Sales Initiatives and Closing Revenue – High impact meetings with Federal customers
- Federal Marketing – Focused message to the Federal customer
- Federal Channel Development – Aligned Federal contract vehicles with customers
- Federal System Integrators – Business Development – long-term
- Federal Product Certifications – Getting through the Federal certification processes
- Federal Contracting – How money flows through the Federal procurement system
- Hiring Federal sales and pre-sales engineering support teams
Sanctum Federal provides in-depth actionable Federal sales training for product sales and services specifically for the Federal market. There are thousands of sales training seminars that focus on the private sector customer. The Federal market and it’s customers have ten different requirements that the private sector customer and your sales personnel do not have to contend with in building a successful and executable sales plan.
Sanctum Federal fully understands all aspects of the Federal market and customer. We have tailored this training to focus on how to build a tactical and strategical sales plan encompassing the Federal market including: Department of Defense, Civilian Agencies, Intelligence Community, Federal System Integrators and the Federal Resellers.
- 3 Day Training
- 5 Day Training